Saturday, August 9, 2008
The Year of the SENIOR... part 1
Okay, I've heard that senior year is the most expensive. I really have. I just had no idea (and probably still have not totally grasped) just HOW expensive it can be! I thought freshman year with the class ring was expensive... but now I have THAT (Jake's) and this senior year thing in the same year! Let's start with Senior Pictures. I haven't even seen the price listing for finished photos and packages and I'm already spending hundreds! Zac's hair has an odd habit of lightening up in the summer from dark brown to RED! Yeah, it's an ongoing thorn in his side since his mother is redheaded! But, it's only red about halfway down his head! So, I took the boy to my salon and we had it colored to all one color -dark brown. Okay, hair-check! Now, clothing. He's outgrowing everything and nothing is cool enough for representing him for all time in the Senior Picture. Mom chimes in that I would like a nice "dress up" photo as well--since the trend is the grunge, laid back, everyday look for these all important photos. I have to agree with him that a "boring suit" really doesn't belong on him. We figure the only way we can get a dressy, stylish and quirky enough look for him is to rent a tux. Add more to the senior bill. Pictures are scheduled with the studio for August 15th. Sitting fees--check. I am so sure that there will be more on this that I'm going to change the title to part 1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with the Senior Portraits. I always love seeing the Senior's personality come out in the portraits. Maybe that's because I am photographer though...
ReplyDeleteYou might be able to find a local Pea who is looking to jump start their business and offers senior portraits at a good rate! :)
ReplyDeleteoh dear yes, i remember my son's senior year. yikes! those photos are so important though. he did his senior pics with his dog! I love 'em!
ReplyDeletePutabuttononit