And when you go down Memory Lane for one, it kind of turns into reliving memories for all of them! And, I was struck by how much we forget along the way. The good kind of forgetting. The kind of forget you need to do or you would be angry all.the.time. The forgetting you do when you truly forgive. And, then I had to remember. Jake was/is such a handful. This is the child that IS the bender of the guardrails (gosh, I could actually reference one of my own posts!) and the giver of grey hairs. This was a pretty little photo spot at the Ft. Wayne Zoo. The little doll in the picture is my niece, Shelby. She was a good sport--putting up with two boys for the whole visit. But, first picture was all smiles (except that Jake was looking out of the corner of his eye and you could tell he was plotting). THIS is what he was plotting. And I fell right into his plot by having to have a second picture. He's lucky that he is so funny, loving, giving and wonderful despite his squirrelly detours! Impulse control will continue to overshadow his life and I only hope that he leaves my home with a better understanding of what that means and how to channel it for good and not evil. But you can bet, his graduation slide show will be very entertaining, to say the least! And I will be reminded of all of the wonderful times with him that I don't want to forget!
I think this was about the age the boys were when you met Gary. Time sure flies! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Susie! Actually, that was maybe 2 or 3 years AFTER we met! And, yeah, time still flies...
ReplyDelete