Everyone loves a parade, right? Well, I would amend that to : Everyone who does not live on the parade route loves a parade! Yes, we are on our parade route. The first year, we were so excited! How easy! How convenient! We can just wait until we hear the sirens before we even go outside! We could run to the bathroom in the middle if we wanted! We could go raid the refrigerator in the middle of the parade. We can see it from the comfort of our own front yard. Well, somehow, your yard is not your own during a parade. I discovered just how territorial I am! I don't like: people milling around my front yard yacking on cell phones, letting their dogs roam and mark it as theirs, sitting on my picnic table, leaving their trash on the ground like a cleanup crew follows after them! And then I discovered that when you live ON the parade route--there is no good way to leave your home to go pick up children that are hot, tired and waiting at the high school to be rescued! I hate that feeling of "Mommy Panic"! I HATE the FunFest parade now! Heck, we're a block from the midway--I hate FunFest. Period. The only good thing this year is that they have eliminated the tractor pull. It took place right in front of our house. For several years, we would get trapped in our house from early morning until after midnight. And our only entertainment was the obnoxious sound of straining tractors and drunken hillbillies outside our windows. Did I say that this went on until midnight? And that several years ago, the girls were still itty bitty? Yeah, glad the tractor pull is gone. Next year, I'm not planning to be at home during FunFest!
Our high school marching band is revealing it's smaller numbers this year.



I never thought of it like this!!! Your description is hilarious!! I've got to read more... I've got a son who will be a senior this year as well!! Nice to "meet" you!!
ReplyDeleteThat one cracked me up. I would hate the parade too.
ReplyDelete