This whole post is kind of backwards. Upside down? Anyway, it all starts at the bottom and works its way up! The most common phrase that I hear while all this handy work is being done is, "I'm too old for this $hit!" The handy man is worn out and sore all over after his hours on the roof. It doesn't help that he's at it all by himself.
The handy man at work. He keeps trying to get me up there. It's just not gonna happen. Name any roller coaster, but no roofs or ferris wheels. Ever.
Hey! Bonus window!
I'm going to miss the old slate shingles! They were so unique looking and pretty! If I had it my way, we would simply stay with slate and put those on the new roof as well. I like things to stay true to the time period when restoring. But, you will see with the next pictures that I am NOT getting my way. That really doesn't happen very often....
THE skylight!
Gary has promised that this little "room" being created under the new roof will be my craft room/storage room. There is even going to be a little skylight! Sounds cool to me. I'm just not sure how anyone over 4' 2" will fit in there! He just keeps saying "You'll see...". Okay, honey.
I didn't take this picture--remember the ladder thing? Jake scurried up and took some shots for me. We plan on having a significant Home Improvement Scrapbook by the time this house is the home that we want it to be!
Gary, my handy man, decided enough was enough this year. The new roof IS going up. It's going up slowly--he's all on his own with this project. I do NOT do ladders. The boys have helped fetch and carry, but aren't really big enough or know enough to be real carpenter help. And that crappy little shed looking entry way will eventually be totally ripped off! What an eyesore... The walls aren't straight, the floor is sinking, sometimes that door can't swing across the floor and did I mention that it is just plain fugly?
The flat roof over the kitchen has been dying a slow death ever since we moved in! It's amazing what you can get used to. The ceiling light went out in the first year. We've used little lamps on the counters ever since. It gives the kids a good excuse when the dishwashing is not up to par...
The handy man at work. He keeps trying to get me up there. It's just not gonna happen. Name any roller coaster, but no roofs or ferris wheels. Ever.
Hey! Bonus window!
I'm going to miss the old slate shingles! They were so unique looking and pretty! If I had it my way, we would simply stay with slate and put those on the new roof as well. I like things to stay true to the time period when restoring. But, you will see with the next pictures that I am NOT getting my way. That really doesn't happen very often....
THE skylight!
Gary has promised that this little "room" being created under the new roof will be my craft room/storage room. There is even going to be a little skylight! Sounds cool to me. I'm just not sure how anyone over 4' 2" will fit in there! He just keeps saying "You'll see...". Okay, honey.
I didn't take this picture--remember the ladder thing? Jake scurried up and took some shots for me. We plan on having a significant Home Improvement Scrapbook by the time this house is the home that we want it to be!
Gary, my handy man, decided enough was enough this year. The new roof IS going up. It's going up slowly--he's all on his own with this project. I do NOT do ladders. The boys have helped fetch and carry, but aren't really big enough or know enough to be real carpenter help. And that crappy little shed looking entry way will eventually be totally ripped off! What an eyesore... The walls aren't straight, the floor is sinking, sometimes that door can't swing across the floor and did I mention that it is just plain fugly?
The flat roof over the kitchen has been dying a slow death ever since we moved in! It's amazing what you can get used to. The ceiling light went out in the first year. We've used little lamps on the counters ever since. It gives the kids a good excuse when the dishwashing is not up to par...
Its good to have a handy man, isn't it? Mine needs a lot of "encouraging" that doesn't sound like nagging. Hee hee, that's a hard one, huh?
ReplyDeleteThat roof will be so nice! thanks for visiting my blog!
Putabuttononit