Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pet Peeves Part 2

Okay, I've thought of a couple more. My family is well aware of these. These could count as weird little personal ones, I guess.
  • Mouth noises: chewing, smacking, slurping, etc. Chewing with your mouth open is at the TOP of the list, but I can get annoyed just hearing "loud eating". I really do ask my kids to move farther away from me if they are snacking while watching tv! That's bad, huh?
  • Tapping! Drumming with your fingers or any other object on any surface. I have one child that is a percussionist!!! I think it's like breathing for him. Poor guy. He ALWAYS hears-STOP TAPPING!!!
  • Finger Snapping. Oh Good Lord! I go from zero to irate in 2 seconds (or one finger snap) and I have NO IDEA WHY!! I just cannot tolerate snapping fingers. I wish I knew why. Wait. No I don't. There's probably some terrible traumatic repressed memory associated with snapping fingers. I'll just settle for knowing I can't stand hearing that noise!
  • Spelling errors. From anyone. I hate it when I do it and hate reading them in others' posts. I really hate the errors on those similar words that we were drilled to death on in junior high! There/their/they're, accept/except, affect/effect and the BIG one ~ A LOT. Yes, it's 2 words!! Oh, and there is another one creeping into everyday posting lingo --apalled.

Yeah. I knew it wouldn't take much to come up with more. I'm so easily annoyed, irritated and otherwise angered! LOL....

No comments:

Post a Comment