Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pioneer Day ~ Betsy Style

The day was finally here!! Pioneer Day! Pioneer Day! The culmination and application of all that they have learned about Indiana History over the school year!
Weaving wheat! She also made a little basket for my living room in "basket weaving". That's usually my area when I volunteer as a parent worker for this day. I wasn't able to work this year! The basket weaving and weaving wheat are the most difficult activities of the day.
Wood chopping demonstration.
Dipping candles! I have a pretty mauve candle in my living room now!
Funnel cakes over an open flame!

Horses for the horse drawn wagon ride!
Betsy and her gang.
Perfecting the "take it yourself" shot!
Just playing around at lunch recess... everything's more fun with a camera!

2 comments:

  1. Pioneer Day looked like a lot of fun. I found your blog doing a search fro basket weaving. Hope you post some of the baskets you weave sometime.
    Blessings,
    Nancy
    www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! :) I don't weave... I have learned how to do the ONE basket style that they do every year on Pioneer Day! ;) I will post pictures of her finished projects though! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete