Wednesday, April 29, 2009

18

My first child is now 18. I'm not quite sure how I feel. When I think about how much has happened in the last 18 years--it does feel like a long time. But when I think back to specific times during all of his ages and stages--it doesn't seem like it was very long ago!
I don't think he's quite sure about how he feels either. It's such an odd time. Yes, he's officially an "adult" but yet, he's still in high school and living at home. I can still ground him for that Algebra II grade and he still has to share a bedroom with an annoying younger brother!
Birthdays are always better when you have someone special to share them with, right? Zac finally decided on where he would like to go for dinner. We went to a newer Pizza Hut Wing Street. Little did we know, we hit a buffet night and a very busy little restaurant! We had to split up to be seated. Gary and I sat with Zac and J. Daisy, Betsy and Jake sat at another. A good dinner and DQ cake when we got home!

1 comment: