Monday, October 6, 2008

The Year of the Senior, Part II

They're here! You remember the singsong phrase from "Poltergeist" right? Well, what's here is the catalog and order form for cap and gown, graduation announcements, tassels and all the other paraphernalia that goes along with that monumentous moment. So, more warning signs that this thing (graduation) is really going to happen. So now the scrambling begins. I have to have numbers of who we are going to "announce" this thing to in order to order the announcements. It's probably a good time to reserve the place for Open House. It's not at my house since we have ex-in-laws to entertain. Let's face it~ they don't want to be in my house and I don't really want them there. Neutral territory is sought. I'm hoping for wonderful weather and am renting out the gazebo in our town park. I need numbers for talking to a caterer (hopefully that will be my SIL, Susie). Zac's dad did give me an estimate for how many announcements he needs for this thing, but that didn't include numbers for a caterer. I have yet to order Senior Pictures. I did decide that I will order the tiny package from this August's shoot for the tux pictures. I am booking another shoot with a different photographer later this fall. Zac will have his new bass guitar by then and his letterman jacket for the casual photos. And, I of course, will have somehow attached his letter, grad year and various patches onto it. Does a glue gun work for that? Okay, my head hurts now. It's time for bed. Because, my Honors English boys are going to Chicago tomorrow---they must be at school by 7 a.m., must have ironed shirts, charged cell phones and $50 in their pockets for eating in Greektown. Oh, and they might be home by 10:30 tomorrow night! Do you see why I love having my kids home for the summer with me?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be an EXPENSIVE year! Congrats on having a graduating Senior. It's so exciting to know they have their wholes lives ahead of them and all the options for it are still on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved my son's senior pictures session. So fun! We took his dog...I surprised him by showing up with him. Those were the best ones I think.
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete