Sunday, October 12, 2008

About the Wizard of Oz

For some reason, I cannot add text to my little slideshow post. So, I have to make another entry here to explain it!

It's done! It's done! In July, my MIL asked that I make a scrapbook for my niece, Megan. A few years ago, she played the lead (Dorothy) in a community production of Wizard of Oz. Well, this is a birthday present for her. MIL had collected the newspaper article, kept tickets and programs from the performance that she saw. In June, she went to the Opera House that presented it and asked for photos. She was actually able to borrow the negatives and have pictures printed! Well, her birthday party is today and I finished the album yesterday. Please ignore the flash splats--I was lazy and took photos at night. I should have waited until today and done it in natural light... but I just want a little record of it since this is one album that is leaving our house. I hope she likes it.It will be nice to no longer have all of the songs from the Wizard of Oz stuck in my head! Fun but glad to be done.

2 comments:

  1. She totally LOVED that book! She was on the verge of tears and she doesn't usually cry at happy things, just hard/stressful things. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I am so glad that she did and it was SUCH a wonderful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete