Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

It's not one of my favorite days. I do everything that I'm supposed to do. I make sure that all the kids have their costumes. I make it a priority... another one of those "things" from my mother. No, she didn't sew great costumes or buy ones in preparation of "the day". It was always a last minute thought on Halloween Day to try and find something to make into a costume. We did lots of ghosts, farmers and other things that no one else knew what we were! I remember my sister went as "The Ghost of Burger King". She wore a sheet and for some reason had one of those paper Burger King crowns on top of that! So, it's been a sore spot I guess. My kids always have costumes. We always have a photo shoot. And then they always get to do the traditional walk door to door in our town. I never got to walk through the town I grew up in. We lived in the country and for some reason, they thought driving to a couple of neighbors' houses was sufficient. Thinking back, it would have been quite easy to drive us the mile and a half into town and go door to door with us. Anyway, I'll post pictures from our photo session today later. I have Minnie Mouse, a pretty bat and The Emperor of Evil. I think Zac finally decided he was too old. There must be some cut off between 16 and 17. This year, he's going to a party.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Susie keeps checking the blog to see if you've posted Halloween photos. Hop to it woman! :) I'll put some of me up late tonight...our party doesn't start until 10:00.

    ReplyDelete