Wednesday, October 29, 2008

#&%(@__#& !!!

I guess I should be glad that it hasn't happened more often.... with as many miles as I drive for work. I log at least 1,000 miles per month. I'm not thrilled with that, but it's a wonderful job and it pays our bills. Like I said...I should be glad this is the first one in almost 8 years of this traveling job. I got a ticket today. It was so beautiful this afternoon: sunny, pretty fall leaves, great tunes on the radio and a road that I can drive in my sleep. I was also happy that my last client had cancelled. Maybe too happy. Maybe too excited to be getting home early. The nice officer told me that he clocked me at 70 in the 55 zone. When I saw the lights behind me--I honestly thought he was on his way to something big and would fly by... I hadn't even realized that I was "hurrying". But...nope. He pulled off on the shoulder behind me. Ugh! I was hoping for a nice little warning since I haven't had a ticket in 20 years. No such luck. Evidently, they think 15 over is beyond a little reminder. They think you have serious intent to break the law at that speed. But, I was speeding and I have the ticket. I will pay it. I'm just not sure I'll tell my husband.

Oh, and did I mention that I said "Thank you" to the officer??

No comments:

Post a Comment