Monday, March 23, 2009

Sick Girl

Well, Betsy is home today and had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. She's got a few things going on, but the more pressing matter turns out to be the "breakout" she has over her bottom and legs. They just looked like little pimples, but a couple got rather large and icky looking. And they also hurt, had a red area circling the sore and the skin was a little hard about an inch away from the sore. Dr. drained one and sent it out to be tested for MRSA. They put her on Bactrum (antibiotic) because even if it's not the staph infection MRSA, it's still some strain of staph. We certainly hope it's not MRSA and that this antibiotic will take care of it. I don't know exactly how contagious it is and what the guidelines are, but I kept her home just in case. I know that as a parent I would not appreciate a child that might have it sitting next to her in class. 4th grade hygiene isn't the greatest to begin with!

1 comment: