The 2008~2009 5th Grade Band
If you've ever experienced a first year concert band, you may understand that they play music that only a parent could love. And I say that with love-- I know everyone has to have a beginning!
There's my girl playing her trombone!
Daisy on trombone--she sits right behind her friends who play clarinet. Although, I just learned that they don't rehearse in concert position ever. They just sit in straight rows.
We saw that a few times, the other trombone player would have his slide at a different position than she did. I asked her if they were playing the same part--yes. I asked her who was playing the correct note when they were different. She said that she was! I laughed...and asked how she knew. She said he tries to watch her to know what note and what position he should be in and stops playing often. Okay! Go Daisy!
No comments:
Post a Comment