Friday, February 12, 2010


Everyone remember the game involving the Volkswagon Beetle from childhood? Well, it appears that some of us remember it differently than others! By name anyway... It started out in our family as simply screaming as loud as you could (upon sighting one of these bizarre looking cars) "BEETLEBUG!!!". Then it was, "BEETLEBUG + name the color!!" Still loud enough to make your parent swerve on the highway wanting to know what the hell all the yelling was about! Then, it transformed into a way to beat your siblings without getting into trouble. And here is where it divides into 2 know factions (possibly more).

This game is known as both "Slug Bug" and "Punch Buggy". I posted a recent poll on facebook and the overwhelming response was "Slug Bug". BUT, I need to say that all of those responses came basically from a group of people that grew up in the same area and reside pretty darn close to that same area! "Punch Buggy" was used in the movie "Lilo and Stitch" and it's being used in a Volkswagon commercial right now! This is one of those stupid things that I bet has a grant lying around somewhere to research and produce statistics and probability of the name of the game! "They" fund far more ridiculous things!!! I'm volunteering to head up the travel team to travel our country to gather all of the information! I want that job! Punch Buggy or Slug Bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment