Saturday, February 28, 2009
Taxes and FAFS and Deadlines
Ohhhh..... I have such a headache! I spent all day working on our taxes. I HATE taxes! I refuse to do them next year. When our situation was quite simple--I refused to pay $100 or more to have someone else do them. Ridiculous! I could do that for free. So I did. But, things have gotten way more complicated in the last few years. I am self employed, we own a house, we own vacation timeshares, we have more medical stuff than a family should have, he has a 401K, he has a stock share plan at work...and the list goes on! Honestly, the biggest headache is being self employed. But it also is that Gary is the keeper of all records and financial information. Rarely do I get to "do" the taxes while he is home . And, it seems like I have to ask him for the same information year after year in order to get my job done. This led to me being quite cranky by the time he got home and my mouth got me into more trouble than it was worth! But, we have the taxes done and of course, now know how much we OWE!!! Ugh! And, tomorrow I can finally complete Zac's application for Financial Aid for next year. A little close to the wire--I have only 9 days to spare. But I can't even explain where we would be or what life would be like if it wasn't done on time!! Talk about pressure! I wonder what it will be like to not have to worry about those 2 deadlines....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment