Saturday, February 21, 2009

Portfolio Review

Ahhh.... today was the "Portfolio Review and Open House" at Ball State University. The boy was supposed to have completed his portfolio and have it ready to submit for application to the College of Art within BSU. Remember, he's been accepted to the University, but now needs to be accepted to the College of Art so that he can pursue his intended major: Electronic Art and Animation. He's known about this since the school year began. I drove him to BSU and spent noon to 5 with him going to workshop after workshop for incoming freshmen and parents. Finally, at 4:30 p.m. it was his scheduled review and interview. He met with 3 current professors and they reviewed his work and talked with him. Evidently, they liked his work, were intrigued with him and told him straight out that they would love to have him in their program. Woohoo! But was his portfolio accepted? NO!! The boy didn't meet the minimum requirements and they have so many wanting in this year that they couldn't bend the rules!! They told him to go home and draw and resubmit by April 1st via a powerpoint presentation. UgH! I can't say the day was wasted....but I'm a little irritated with him at this point! I can't believe how much is involved with making sure I can boot him out the door in August to begin his 2nd phase of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment