Saturday, February 7, 2009

Solo and Ensemble

The boys had Solo and Ensemble competition today. Zac went for a solo.
And Jake played in an ensemble.
Both received Silver ratings. The larger percussion ensemble received a Gold rating. They will go on to State Solo and Ensemble Competition, but have a snare drum player that may opt to compete in a swimming competition scheduled for the same day. Jake has been asked to be the alternate. So, Jake may be able to experience the State level competition as a Freshman.

2 comments:

  1. You kids are involved is SO much! That's awesome! It really helps in the college app process and helps them be more well rounded people. We weren't involved in much as kids and I wish we would've been. I guess that's why I'm always busy doing stuff these days...making up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...yes they are! With 4 of them though we do have a rule that they can only be in 2 "things" at one time. We still run into overlaps and crazy "taxi" days even with that rule!

    ReplyDelete