Sunday, December 7, 2008

Basketball

Yeah, well... it's official. I do NOT have the equipment to shoot basketball! But, I tried and I got some kinda cool shots that are technically total disasters! These are for Betsy and her scrapbook--we love them for what they are preserving.
Betsy learning to be a little more assertive and almost touching the ball!
I would have loved this shot so much more if Betsy had been in sharp focus with the motion blurred "pack" coming at her!
Betsy is getting much better at defense. This was a tough season for her--they lump 4th in with 5th and 6th grade. There does seem to be a huge jump in skills, coordination and height after 4th grade. But she did have a good coach who seemed to be able to motivate and pull performances from her that were her best. And for those of you who don't know Betsy--she's our little puzzle girl. It took a long time to figure out what was going on with her. She had major developmental delays (didn't walk until 21 months, talk until 35 months, and so many others....), we went through lots of therapies and genetic testing and ended up learning that she has a heart defect and cerebral palsy. It can be noticeable in activities like this, but not so much in everyday life. So, here's to another season of basketball completed. And cheerleading starts in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment