Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some More Senior Pictures

Are you tired of looking at my children yet? I'm the mom....so I don't really ever get enough of them. They had more pictures taken of them in their first year than I did in my entire life!
But, here is the most recent set of shots. He got his fauxhawk like he wanted, so willingly posed for some more shots. No more yellow shirts.... I didn't catch it the first time around when he packed.
One of my favorites...
He was challenged this year by family as well.... He has 2 cousins in the same grade that he is in. They will all graduate together, but the families are far from together. To give them all credit, they haven't let the adults' issues affect their interaction. He gets along well with Deva and Shelby.
He's been a poser ever since I can remember...
He really transformed into protector and tries to be head of the family since his stepfather and older brother moved out. He was always trying to take care of everyone else --but this really pushed the envelope. As a kindergartener, he stood in the doorway one day and I was already in the car. He stood there and asked if I wanted the door locked. I said yes. He asked--do you have the keys? I said yes. Stinker says--I'm not going to lock it until you show me the keys. Grrrrr....
He's had to deal with a dad that decided to step out of his life for a couple of years, a stepmother that was abrasive and didn't even try to get along (for awhile), and a stepfather that he didn't connect with at all. Of course, can't forget grandparents that won't have anything to do with our family... He's grown up loving family but recognizing that relationships take some work sometimes--and he already knows that it's not worth trying to deal with those that don't want to work on a relationship.
He looks so serious here....one of his best qualities is that he is an absolute goof and can pretty much make anyone laugh and almost everyone at least smile. I get compliments daily on what a great kid he is. That helps enormously with mommy guilt over decisions made over the years. He plans on going into law enforcement. Ultimate goal? FBI or homeland security.

No comments:

Post a Comment