So, remember when I said I was no longer going to pay ridiculous fees to Lifetouch when I could do my own? Well, I finally got around to that shoot. We took pictures right around the corner from our house. It's a river that runs through the area and we parked on the side of the road and went to town!
She's such a gorgeous girl and she doesn't even know it! I work so hard with them both to make sure that they know their worth. I do not tolerate negative talk about themselves or anyone else.
We work hard on not comparing each other to others... and try to focus on the unique gifts that we were blessed with. Both seem fairly confident in being themselves and not bothered at all if they go against the flow of peers, styles or fads.
I was devastated to have to go the Goodwill store to shop for some jeans for her. She looked at me and said--"They're cute. They fit me just right. They are $3!! This is awesome!!!"
I was terrified to have girls. I've never experienced a healthy, happy mother/daughter thing and was quite content and good at being a boy's mom. She changed all of that.
I'm pretty sure my Daisy girl is going places...and I'm proud of the fact that she cares more about her character than her looks.
Somehow, she sweet talked me out of my usual rule for school pictures--no slogan tshirts! Solid or small print shirts only. Ugh. Oh well...she can pretty much wear anything.
Grunge girl...

And while they will always be close in age (10 months apart), I sincerely hope that they will be close in spirit. I don't have that with my siblings, and I work hard to foster the expectation that they will be friends as adults as well as family.







No comments:
Post a Comment