Once again, we were blessed by my friend Paula... and another friend who remained anonymous for a little while. But Alisa and Paula went in on tickets for our family so that we could get back to the Civic. They got us 6 tickets--but Craig, Jake and Tay couldn't go. So, I extended the invitation to my friend Christine and her daughter. Betsy also asked her friend Marena.
The stage was amazing!
The costuming was creative... I don't even know how to explain it... They used pieces and put them together to create a look or a feel for the character without it being a literal representation of the character. I actually thought of my sister when The Red Queen came onstage. I think she could have played the character--but more than that, it was the drama and flair of her costume that reminded me of her.
It had to be one of the prettiest Alice costumes I've seen.
Jodphurs and riding boots seemed like an interesting look for the White Rabbit...
The Mad Hatter looked appropriately nuts. And they used the girls hair to create the ears for the Dormouse.
This adaptation followed the book more closely than other productions.
A lot of work went into the set. I was just impressed by all of it!
I was impressed with how they were so creative in showing things that are nearly impossible on stage as opposed to film or animation... a blue veil slowly rising up in front of her were her tears creating the flood.
Paula's son Christopher was in this one! He played the artist painting Alice's portrait. He went to school with Daisy (and since transferred back to private school).









No comments:
Post a Comment