This was so COOL! At the end of the concert, the director explained that this trimester's focus was on rhythm. Then, these fun loving goofy high school kids came in with their trash cans from the back of the auditorium and were as rowdy as can be!
But, they settled down to business and played the most complicated rhythms totally in sync with each other at an amazing speed. If I can figure out how to post a video clip--I will! It was pretty amazing. Another one of those mom moments when you watch the kid that can't chew gum and walk at the same time--perform at this level!
He gave me one of "those looks" and asked me to explain what I meant. Well, was it random, did you volunteer or did he pick you "special"? He gave me "the look" again and said, "Mom--that was the high school band on cans." What? OMG! I just started laughing! I hadn't realized how tiny they really had gotten! It's the jr. high band seated behind them.


We've had seveal groups at the cllege do these types of events. I'm always blown away by the cool stuff they do with TRASH CANS! I hope you figure out how to post the video clip...it'd be fun to watch.
ReplyDelete