Monday, June 1, 2009

Gary doesn't live here anymore...

So, to all my friends and family and fellow bloggers... I have news. I guess I will be venturing back to a role I never wanted ever again: single mom. My husband of 13 years is gone. He moved out Memorial Day. It was ugly, it was nasty. I really wish I could say it was mutual and amicable--but it is not. I didn't want this for me or for my daughters (he was step dad to the boys). I still really don't know why. There was no one event (to my knowledge) and as far as I know--no 3rd party. I'm going to chalk it up to midlife crisis or psychotic break. We've been closer in the last 6-7 months than in a long time and even when we weren't wrapped up in each other--it wasn't a "bad" marriage--just a little blase. You can imagine--4 kids, both working ...it's easy to get caught up in just "living" and making sure everything gets done! It's not the first time he's quit, but it will be the last. This time was it and so ugly that there will be no reconciliation. My focus now is to take care of my kids, find out how to float financially and how to hang on to the house, car and beloved timeshare. I'll probably post when it's all final and everything is said and done.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say except I'm so sorry. Sending you good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda...I'm sorry to read this news. I wish you the best and will say a few prayers too.

    ReplyDelete