Friday, May 29, 2009

Senior Showcase

Senior Art students are given the opportunity to display their work during the last month of school. This is Zac's showcase of favorite art projects. There are drawings, photographs and ceramics.
My favorite piece of his is the Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas! It's in the bottom left corner of the showcase. I doubt that I will get that one--it goes too well with his decorating style. I'm sure it will be in his dorm room next year!
He even tried to talk the band director (who loves Disney) into doing Nightmare Before Christmas for our marching show one year. The rest of the band voted it down...
I hope he knows how proud of him I am. He always amazes me--some insight or perspective, some gorgeous artwork that I could never even attempt, or a display of patience and leadership with his younger siblings. He's an awesome young man who is going to have a wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe he's graduating! It's gone by so fast! Life is crazy like that! I remember him at Mom's place puring over books about bugs trying to get me to look at them with him and me being all squeamish about them! :)

    ReplyDelete