Sunday, May 17, 2009

Prom 2009 ~ Pictures in the Park

I'm feeling a little braver after this photo shoot. I am STILL not used to my prime 50 mm lens. There were plenty of photos where the focus fell in spots that were NOT the intended target! I'm still more comfortable with my 75-300 mm even for bokeh and sharp focus!
I might be brave enough to finish off his more informal senior pictures myself. He's actually quite a willing subject--I was surprised. There were a few things that I asked of him that he tried but then quickly said--"Uh uh. No way. That's awkward!".
He was such a good sport for this pose. That ground was soggy and muddy. He couldn't actually kneel--he had to just crouch.
And J was just about as comfortable in front of the camera as she is sitting around watching tv with us! A natural for sure!
I love Jenn's Vintage Cherry Vanilla and Cherry Vanilla Cream for these photos!!
And, I'm wondering if it should concern me that they had absolutely no problem kissing for the camera.... (and me!)
There is probably a long list of technical errors I made with this photo...but I absolutely love it! As a photographer--not quite as sure as a mom!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, if I ever get engaged you can take the engagement photos...you do such a good job creating nice shots! Plus you had cute models to work with in these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....thanks. I can't wait! Susie engagement pictures. Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't go writing in your calendar yet. Not sure where things are at with the lunch buddy these days.

    ReplyDelete