Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spring Concert part 2

The high school portion of the concert. I am still loving having a percussionist in the family. I can always see him! Photo opportunities are wonderful for this boy.
I think he was everywhere this concert. Bells, snare, timpani... maybe not bass drum.
This is also the concert where the seniors are featured (with then and now photos) and a presentation of roses to senior's moms. It was a little bit of a bitter pill to swallow--Zac was unable to be in band this trimester. He was in band 11 of 12 trimesters--and not invited to participate in the senior recognition. Several other seniors missed out as well--including our drum majors. He was okay with the snub...but I wanted my rose, dammit!! ;)
They look like they're working so hard, but they were also having a lot of fun. Their rendition of Peter Gunn was more fun than award winning.... Very entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. sucks that they didn't recognize him for all his hours upon hours of work in band. At least he's ok with it...gotta love boys and how stuff just rolls of their back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...no kidding! Zac actually said that he was tired of seeking approval from this director. He's so moody and petty sometimes.

    ReplyDelete