Sunday, June 22, 2008

The "Painless" STUPID Transfer










This was supposed to be the “painless” transfer of condos this morning. We went down to the Inn at 9:30 a.m. and we were already packed up and ready to vacate. They let us turn our condo keys in and really thought that they were done with us until I reminded the girl that we were “transfers” and needed another check in. They told us the condo was not ready yet--the other family had not checked out yet. Since we had assumed that we would be checking into a condo that had been vacated the previous day--I had to ask about housekeeping. Oh yes, housekeeping will be in there as soon as they can. They needed my cell number to call us and let us know the condo was ready. Ummmmmm, no. You can call us at our condo because we are NOT leaving until we have a condo to move into! We argued about that for awhile but I maintained my position and stated that were NOT impressed with this place whatsoever. The desk lady asked when we made the reservations (as if that should make any difference). I answered 10 months ago (absolutely true) and she actually told me that I was lucky to be here at all--some people wait 6 YEARS. Well, I would have loved to call bullshit on that one, but refrained. I just told her that was nice. Call us when the condo is ready. She said she could give us until 11:00 a.m. I almost asked “Or what?” but again restrained myself. Well, 11:00 came and went with restless kids and grumpy adults upset about having our vacation interrupted. 12:00 came and went. I finally called at 12:15 p.m. The woman tried to tell me 4:00 p.m. I expressed how unbelievable that was! She asked me to hold, conferred with housekeeping and then handed me off to someone else who told me it would be ready in half an hour. 45 minutes later, when Gary tried to pick up the keys--he was again told 4:00 p.m. It must be the stock answer. They then tried to tell him that they told me an hour and a half….wrong! They called housekeeping to confer again and then told Gary that the condo was ready!
2:00 p.m. and we are finally “transferred”. It is a nicer condo in many ways, so we are grateful for that! There is a hot tub between our building (12) and the next one (11). We have a gorgeous view of the snow covered mountains and hole 14 of the golf course. We are still trying to explain rest and relaxation to the kids….they want to go swimming NOW! We will go around 4 p.m. We still have to grocery shop--since we couldn’t shop for the whole week Saturday. We are also trying to plan our tomorrow. I think it will be the first day in Glacier National Park. I cannot wait! It’s going to be soooooo beautiful. I only hope that the kids can appreciate the things that they are going to see.
Well, we multi-tasked today--Gary & Zac went grocery shopping and dropped the girls, Jake & I off at the pool. I am definitely waterlogged after an hour and a half in the pool! The kids were not and still didn’t want to leave even then! Swimming and sun always wipe me out.
Grocery shopping was expensive out here! Ground beef was over $3 a pound. He passed on corn on the cob because they were $.79 an ear! He was also shocked at the cost of a watermelon--over $8 for one. Milk seems to be about the same everywhere…$3.25 or so. It seems amazing that previously, the only time we saw it that high was in North Carolina in 2003! THAT was an expensive area to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment