



Meadow Lake Golf and Ski Resort (RCI) :
Well. This could be summed up in one word for us! Unimpressed. After driving for 28 hours in a car with 4 children all we wanted was to check into our lovely condo, crack a beer and make a quick dinner. This was all a possibility because of a wonderful service offered--send in a shopping list and for $20 or 20% of total shopping bill, they will shop and stock your condo for you! We thought we would be in heaven when we got to our resort. NOTHING is marked well at this resort and we had a time trying to find the check in. At check in, I was informed that we would have a “transfer”. Meaning, we have to check out and MOVE all of our things on Sunday morning! I am more than mildly annoyed. So, the highlight of her spiel is that there is a Welcome Party (Monday) that offers COMPLIMENTARY wine and beer! We are so there.
When we finally find our condo and start hauling all of the luggage upstairs--we find that it’s a lock off. Not the best way to have a family of 6 stay. One bedroom is self sufficient with a mini kitchen and is separated from the rest of the unit. Yeah, the 2 teens thought this was wonderful! The boys grabbed the “B” side and the girls will sleep on the pullout sofa sleeper on the main side. It is HOT in the condo! We try to turn on the A/C and discover 2 room air conditioners and no central air. Ick. To top it off- they won’t turn on! Grrrrrr….. And while I’m complaining about that--we open the refrigerator for a cold drink (shop ahead service, remember?) and the thing is EMPTY!! Oh…now I am beyond aggravated. I call the desk and I am not nice. They say they never received our order. Lovely. My debit card information is on that fax. Where did it go? She offers to send up a new grocery list and the woman will go tonight still for us. What?! Why would I pay someone NOW to go do what we are here to do? NO THANK YOU! When I call about the A/C, they send a maintenance “kid” who got lost on the way. He shows us that it’s just a “touchy” thermostat and has to be jiggled and set in exactly the right spot. Nice. Quite classy and impressive.
So we decide we need to eat since it’s almost 11:00 p.m. Manchester time! Pizza Hut it is. We also pick up milk and beer. The condo is somewhat cooled by the time we return. I did indulge in a nice hot bath with an ice cold beer before bed. I only had one instruction for the kids: DON’T wake Mommy and Daddy in the morning.
Well. This could be summed up in one word for us! Unimpressed. After driving for 28 hours in a car with 4 children all we wanted was to check into our lovely condo, crack a beer and make a quick dinner. This was all a possibility because of a wonderful service offered--send in a shopping list and for $20 or 20% of total shopping bill, they will shop and stock your condo for you! We thought we would be in heaven when we got to our resort. NOTHING is marked well at this resort and we had a time trying to find the check in. At check in, I was informed that we would have a “transfer”. Meaning, we have to check out and MOVE all of our things on Sunday morning! I am more than mildly annoyed. So, the highlight of her spiel is that there is a Welcome Party (Monday) that offers COMPLIMENTARY wine and beer! We are so there.
When we finally find our condo and start hauling all of the luggage upstairs--we find that it’s a lock off. Not the best way to have a family of 6 stay. One bedroom is self sufficient with a mini kitchen and is separated from the rest of the unit. Yeah, the 2 teens thought this was wonderful! The boys grabbed the “B” side and the girls will sleep on the pullout sofa sleeper on the main side. It is HOT in the condo! We try to turn on the A/C and discover 2 room air conditioners and no central air. Ick. To top it off- they won’t turn on! Grrrrrr….. And while I’m complaining about that--we open the refrigerator for a cold drink (shop ahead service, remember?) and the thing is EMPTY!! Oh…now I am beyond aggravated. I call the desk and I am not nice. They say they never received our order. Lovely. My debit card information is on that fax. Where did it go? She offers to send up a new grocery list and the woman will go tonight still for us. What?! Why would I pay someone NOW to go do what we are here to do? NO THANK YOU! When I call about the A/C, they send a maintenance “kid” who got lost on the way. He shows us that it’s just a “touchy” thermostat and has to be jiggled and set in exactly the right spot. Nice. Quite classy and impressive.
So we decide we need to eat since it’s almost 11:00 p.m. Manchester time! Pizza Hut it is. We also pick up milk and beer. The condo is somewhat cooled by the time we return. I did indulge in a nice hot bath with an ice cold beer before bed. I only had one instruction for the kids: DON’T wake Mommy and Daddy in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment