I cannot believe that I officially have a college student! And he has the I.D. and fall schedule of classes to prove it! Zac and I went to Ball State University for the two day orientation event. It was a mix of sessions for parent +student and separate parent sessions and student sessions. We were kept busy the first day from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Zac and I are very much alike when it comes to the fluff "social" activities--so we ended our night early and skipped the ice cream social with board games and opted to head back to our overnight place. Monica's!
Just a view down the main drag of campus. Bell Tower in the distance.This was a wonderful program though and I am totally sold on Ball State University. The programs and resources available to students is simply amazing. There is absolutely no reason for a student to NOT be successful here. I only hope that my student will take advantage of all that is available for FREE. And I certainly wish that all colleges offer an orientation program so informative for both student and parent!
The Atrium. This was the building with the best air conditioning! It also houses the bookstore. I have to admit, the sight of book prices 20 years after I was buying books was a shock! My books never went over $250 a semester back then... and the estimate provided for BSU students was $970 for the year. Zac's may be more considering the list of art supplies needed that was as long as my arm!


No comments:
Post a Comment