Saturday, September 13, 2008

Zac's First Days

I am planning a scrapbook for Zac's dad of all of his first days of school. His dad lives out of town and missed all of those days. I'm hoping to have it finished as a gift to him at Zac's graduation. This picture was the first day of kindergarten. Unplanned, unexpected and really quick! I can't believe that I caught the wink... but there it is. I wasn't too emotional until he did that. Then I had to leave so that I didn't make one of the stereotypical scenes from those Mamas that don't want their babies to leave them! I did and I do want him to leave me--it's my job to prepare him to be able to do just that. But, it was a little sad because every beginning is an ending as well. It was the end of having him all to myself. The beginning of him as a person, a student away from family. Just like next year, except it will be on a much grander scale. I hope that I handle that ending and beginning as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my what a capture!!!! I would have been crying all the way out of the door too. What a nice idea for an album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great memory captured! And what a lovely idea for the scrapbook album.

    ReplyDelete