It's Homecoming. And I have to say, our community sure makes a half ass attempt at the concept. I kept asking the boys this week what was going on for Homecoming and they just shrugged. Well, there were barely any Spirit Week activities. Thursday they were supposed to wear school colors. Wow. No Powder Puff Football. There was a bonfire and pep rally Thursday night. Jake called to be picked up because he was bored. There are NO class floats in this pathetic parade. The parade consisted of the marching band, each class' court representative in mandatory classic car, a truck with the golf team in it and cheerleaders on a fire truck. There is NO Homecoming Dance. And, listed on the calendar for activities tonight is : football game-home. No mention that it's HOMECOMING!! Agh! I know that our kids won't experience high school the same way that we did...but it would be nice if there were at least some parallel experiences!
Our Marching Band leads the parade.




No comments:
Post a Comment