- I want my children to know that my love is unconditional and forever. There is nothing that they could do or say that would make me stop loving them. It is also important for them to know that there is a difference between like and love. I will always love them, but I may not always like them or the things that they do. Not everyone is likeable all of the time.
- I want them all to know that life is a series of choices and that they can choose how they see their circumstances and opportunities. It is also up to them to plan their lives and not just let life happen to them. Long term and short term goals= good things!
- I want each of them to find and know their passion. It can be a hobby or it can become their career. It's up to them how they channel it--but they need to find it.
- I want my children to know how to have fun, be funny and find the fun in the world. There is a lot of it! When you know how to have fun you don't take yourself (or others) TOO seriously!
- They should also know that they are not perfect. They will make mistakes, stink at some things and make poor judgments. The key is to acknowledge! Take responsibility! Learn from that situation. And always refer back to the very first item on this list...
Monday, September 29, 2008
5 Things I Want My Children to KNOW
before they grow up and leave our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment