It happened. I guess I'm surprised in this day and age, that it didn't happen sooner... but,

my girls no longer trust my judgment and opinion on hair, clothes and other "teen/tweener" topics!!!

You can't tell now, but this morning was Battle Royal over the hair for picture day!

They wanted up early so that I could straighten their hair. So, loving, dutiful mom that I am--the one that HATES mornings--set the alarm for 5:30 this morning. I worked for about an hour on hair--pulling the hot straightener through masses of thick blonde and red hair. Enduring all the dirty looks and screams of pain --because you know, I am the sole reason that there were any tangles!>

THEN, they decide that the way I styled each was WRONG. The redhead, didn't like the bangs on the side... But they are long and look silly parted in the middle! It looks much more "current" to be side parted. She didn't believe me and accuses me of trying to make her look "emo". Then she wanted a head band, but it had already been straightened and sprayed to fall "down" and not be pulled back!

The blonde wanted a head band in...I disagree. I liked her tucking it behind her ears, and then covering her ears with the rest of it. Sadly, the child got the "Dage" ears--and quietly (so as not to hurt her self esteem) I've always made sure that they are hidden and NOT sticking out! She doesn't get this and I don't know how to say it nicely! She wanted a head band that flips them out farther than mother nature did! Ugh! How much would you like to bet that the pictures do NOT come back with my directives followed?
No comments:
Post a Comment