Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Clean and Cozy

Such simple things that make life better! I tackled my bedroom. It was the big cleanout since the X left. I cleaned out the closet, cleaned out all the storage under the bed and rearranged.
I think I need to get the dust ruffle back out... my boxes are showing!
Any bets on how long it will last? I am taking suggestions on a new color for the room. It's become kind of a tradition--when he leaves, I redo the bedroom in an attempt to eradicate his presence. This is the 4th new bedroom I've had in case anyone was wondering! I was thinking that I can get away with not redoing the furniture or curtains or quilt if I paint the walls a hunter green.... still keep burgandy accents (which are the color of the flowers you can't see on the curtains and quilt). I just haven't had extra funds to put into this project yet. I'm itching to paint soon!
I could leave the trim and doors khaki as well....but Jake says that I would have to redo the dining room then. My bedroom opens into the dining room (wacky floor plan of old houses)... and the dining room is that celery green. He thinks hunter green next to celery green would clash. So what color for the dining room?? I wonder if I could get away with a deep burgandy dining room with the same khaki for the furniture? My living room (off of the dining room) is Americana with dark blue, burgandy and khaki. It would all coordinate well..... hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment