Monday, September 12, 2011

Hail Mary

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.


Just because. I say this prayer every time I hear an ambulance. I say this prayer when I see someone with car trouble pulled over on the side of the road. I say this prayer when I don't have an original one in my head. I say this prayer for friends when I hear of troubles they may have. It's comforting... I'm not sure why I feel more comfortable praying to Mary than praying to God... Especially with the dynamics of my family--it just doesn't make sense. Or, maybe I want a good mother so badly that I go to Mary. I don't know. But sharing this prayer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment