The boy seems to be out daily--he loves the creek. He has been capturing frogs and keeping them in his room!! I have no idea why.... He has killed a chipmunk with the bb gun. I'm wondering what the heck he's going to do with a real gun.
I'm starting to get more excited about our place. I went traipsing around the yard and took some pictures. And how nice it is that we have a big enough yard to "traipse" around! I like to keep things (? everything) on record for posterity. So, this is how our place looked the first summer/fall we were here. I'm looking for the colors to change soon!
I'm also starting to get ideas for things that I want to do to our yard. It will never be a "lawn", but it could be a fun, pretty yard! I love the landscaping look of English cottages. Lots of wildflowers and more natural looking. I'd like to be able to get a bunch of perennials out here! Also on my wishlist of plantings (since we have the room) would be: willow trees (so far Craig is vetoing), lilac trees/bushes (spring blooms), and Rose of Sharon (they bloom late July/Aug).
I know planting will definitely have to wait until next summer. We have far more pressing issues for now! BUT, I don't want it to be like my last house--there always seemed to be something more necessary than landscaping. I'm hoping that might change for the future. Plus, there is so much land that it will be nice to be outside. Before, I was on a town corner with a neighbors, post office and CVS within viewing distance. It will be nice to be out in our yard and not in a fishbowl.
THE creek. I hope it remains a positive addition and doesn't become a problem. I'm always nervous about buying things and then finding out down the road what everyone else already found out. The yard near it is kind of squishy--I hope it's not too wet to do the things we would like to do in that very pretty area!
No comments:
Post a Comment