Friday, August 6, 2010

Vacation !!! 6

And no trip to this area is complete without going into the National Park and mountains!
Obligatory sign pose... Betsy, Taylor, Daisy and Jake
Betsy, Daisy & Jake
Craig and I (hating pictures, but wanting them for posterity).
Betsy and Daisy with a mountain backdrop. Daisy took some great ones of herself! I will have to find those.
Taylor by the mountains.
And my Jake. He's changed a LOT over the past year. I'd like to say he's growing up...at least his body is.
Beautiful old churches in Cades Cove. The National Park is such a wonderful asset to our country, but not very good stories about HOW our government created it.
The animals were everywhere this trip! And most assuredly, used to us tourists.
She headed back into the forest with her fawn after posing for a few pictures along the way.
I'll need to dig out the pictures of them at this spot 4 years ago. SO many changes since then.
The kids kind of enjoyed checking out all the historic buildings.
I cannot believe how many bears we saw this trip! I think there were FOUR total. I've been before and not seen a single one!
During the car tour of Cades Cove, we came upon 4 young bucks grazing right by the road. They were not bothered by us and it was worth the wait in the line of cars to see them.
My "buckshot" of the day... They were gorgeous! I will have to stop laughing at the folks that stop their cars to gawk at deer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment