Sunday, March 21, 2010

FLAT tire!

My first flat tire on the job! I was headed to a Ft. Wayne client. About 11 miles out of town. It could have been ugly! I was passing someone (at about 70 mph) and heard it about the same time I felt it! It just blew and went down. I barely had time to get around the car I was passing and pull over before it was flatter than flat.
But, this isn't supposed to happen on BRAND NEW TIRES!!! All FOUR were JUST put on exactly one week before! The tires had about 800 miles on them.
I didn't know who to call. I called my Michigan Man first. He was actually eating breakfast out before heading my way. But he couldn't exactly help in a timely manner, so I called our ever so helpful Service Station in town. And that was NOT sarcasm. They are wonderful!
I called, and they came out (even though I was out of town) and took off the new tire that they sold and installed for me. He put on my spare for me and followed me back to the station. I just left the car because he still had my old tires, and offered to put an old one back on for the time being. He was going to check the blown tire to see what might have happened. It should still be under warranty if I did not run over anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment