Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Big Cleanup...

Craig and I tackled the girls' room this past weekend. It needed some serious cleaning out! We emptied their bookshelves of all the "kiddy" books they no longer read. We boxed them up for storage. The only "stuff" left in their room can be found on this shelf and one part of their counter storage that is left.
This is what one wall of their room used to look like. Craig tore out the countertop and storage cubes that were built in. The girls thought that it took up too much space in their room and wanted it out. I think it's also about making changes like I have in other parts of the house to make it "new" and different from when their father lived here.
The only portion of the wall unit that is staying. Craig pointed out that it's wasted space behind the door, and they can use it for a little storage.
It may take some creativity to repair the wall from the glue being ripped off...
This will also help solve the sleeping situation when Tay comes with Craig. I'm sure a sleeping bag on the floor is getting old... I remembered that we had a twin bed frame out in the storage shed. It is the bed the girls shared until we got the bunks.
We're also going to work on those closets on either side of the window. With doors removed and some shelves and tension rods added, they should work well for them. They can each have their own closet. And the dresser can be removed for additional space!
Daisy has claimed the twin bed as hers. Betsy will have the top bunk and Tay will have the bottom bunk when she visits. When Tay is not here, they have a guest bed for friends.
They were very excited to see all the changes when they got home. I think they were more excited to see that they didn't have to clean their room. I think I was very clear in explaining that I will NEVER clean their room again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment