Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!
Trying to maintain our family traditions through this reformation of our family. The girls were very happy that this time, Thanksgiving Holiday visitation was my turn. They came up with the idea that every Thanksgiving should be with Mom at home. I'm not sure how to broker that deal. I think that they will have to do the bartering on this one.
Zac with his new girlfriend, Promise.
Board games are a must at holiday gatherings. Snacks and board/card games help define our family time!
Our gang ready to eat!
Thanksgiving Dinner is relatively simple. I have lots of picky eaters and they have really balked at trying new dishes at this meal.
New duty for Zac this year--chief carver!
My Michigan Man made a surprise visit! I have to give him credit for this one. It was a surprise and I'm a little nervous because he seems to be very good at arranging them! We had talked earlier in the week and it was decided that he would have Thanksgiving Dinner with his family. He would then come down to Indiana later in the evening to have dessert with us. Mid afternoon I got a phonecall from him. I was a little surprised and asked why he was calling when he was supposed to be with his family. He said that they had sent him on a run for ice. We chit chatted a little more until my son started laughing and pointing. The man was standing in my dining room talking to me!! He was in time for some games before dinner was ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment