It's my blog and I get to say what I want, right? Can I please just air my pet peeve about this whole post election, pre-inaugural and inauguration deal? I cannot stand the use of the word HISTORICAL. omg! Get a thesaurus people! EVERY election and EVERY inauguration is historical. It ALL goes down in the history books!!! Get a new shiny adjective that truly depicts WHAT you are trying to say about this President Elect and his place in history.
Oh and by the way, I don't care HOW big of a groundbreaking event in history this is--you couldn't PAY me enough to go to DC for this. The mere thought of the crowds and crap that go with them makes me nauseated. It does not appeal to me in the least. But then, I feel the same way about Times Square New Year's Eve as well. I don't do anything that I have to arrive more than an hour in advance let alone 4-6 hours!! Ugh! But I will surely watch on TV --it is afterall, history in the making.
I will miss our wonderful current President... and I wish our new President luck. This economy was longer in the making than Bush's terms and I don't think it will be "fixed" during the next term (no matter who had been elected). I do hope that OBama will use the same diligence as Bush's to keep our country safe. We'll survive even if there's another depression--I wonder how many will survive if our country is left vulnerable to more terrorism.
No comments:
Post a Comment