It's my blog, so I can bitch if I want to right? How about RANT?!

Their father let these burns happen. It's frustrating because them being fair skinned and easily burnt is not a NEW thing! They were born that way! He was around for the first 10-11 years for each of them. He's been around on all the trips to Florida beaches, Carolina beaches, Tennessee swimming and boating, and pretty much any activity in our own Indiana sun.

These girls can burn in the 15 minutes they have for school recess! We've sent sunscreen to school since they were in kindergarten. It doesn't matter WHAT the SPF....they cannot spend an entire day in the sun--let alone in a pool in the sun!

Betsy blistered and I'm pretty sure got sun poisoning.

And it's not like I don't understand accidents. Oh, we were out longer than I thought, or we forgot sunscreen, or whatever. But to PLAN an entire day at the pool? And then, no communication after the fact. He had hours from the time he knew they were burned until the time I picked them up. He made no effort for any aftercare. They sat in clothes with the burn until I got there. They were in tears by the time we got home.

We did lots of aloe and some tylenol. It even came down to a cool shower for some relief! They are already at risk for skin cancer and only ONE serious burn raises the risk by 50%!

I'm just disgusted by the lack of concern and lack of interest in what's best for them. The girls talked with me... I don't think it's their responsibility to have to monitor how long they're in the pool/sun or how the sunscreen is applied or how often. They shouldn't have to be more responsible than the parent that is supposed to be taking care of them!

I told them that I felt like telling them that they couldn't swim at his place anymore. Betsy piped up and said she would agree to anything I said if it prevented "this" (meaning her sunburn).
No comments:
Post a Comment